There are 2 item(s) tagged with the keyword "Regular Expression".
- Displaying: 1 - 2 of 2
- 1. Tag SES URL throw 404 error if tag has special characters other than '-'
Recently working on MuraCMS (opensource Content Management System build on CFML) for our company website. While working on blog section where we used to have tag for each post. For one of post we have tagged which include space and dot, when we click on through tag link SES url it throws 404 error. This only happen if you are using URL rewriting to remove index.cfm from URL. After little bit of debugging I found that it was due to rewrite URL, default rewrite URL script provided by MURA doesn't support redirection of URL having special character other than '-'. This is will work fine for search by page, category etc as MURA itself change it value with SEO friendly but in case of tag it doesn't.
- By Pritesh
- 2. Complex password strength checking through regular expression
Currently working on project for well non credit card company where they have online registration form. They really want user enter enter strong password for their account and criteria for password listed below..
- Password must length between 8 to 18.
- Password must contain atleast one alpha and on numeric.
- Password must have one special characters from @,#,$.
- Password can not have repeative alpha and numeric.
This is really complex but can be done with four different conditions easily (right?) but I decided to make things more complex and check all four condition with single regular expression. After spending time on this finally figure out regular expression can perform all four condition.