- » IT Services
- » Application Development
- » Web Application Development
- » Advantages of Coldfusion Web Application
Advantages of Coldfusion Web Application
ColdFusion web application development offers a number of different integration mechanisms for external services: EJB, COM, and CORBA, for example. On the database side, ColdFusion also includes support for SQL and ODBC. By supporting this much alphabet soup, ColdFusion tries to accommodate a wide range of environments.
If we talk about cross platform then JSP/Java Servlets take number one in this category because there are many Servlet Engines provided by various manufacturers for any Web Server/Operating System you can think of. ColdFusion comes as a close second because ColdFusion is a one company show (all support for several Web servers IIS, Apache etc. and several Oses - NT, 95,98,Unix, Linux - is because of Allaire's dedication), ColdFusion's cross platform support seems to be fairly good.
Over six major revisions and close to a decade, ColdFusion has empowered hundreds of thousands of web developers and programmers to rapidly build powerful Internet and web applications. These ColdFusion programmer and web developers discovered the key benefits of ColdFusion:
- The shortest learning curve of any language in this space.
- Rapid development (you need less code and less time need to write it).
- Support for all design patterns, n-tier development, and any other development methodologies
- High performance and scalability.
- Platform supported by servers from Microsoft, IBM, BEA, Sun, and more.
- True portability across Windows, Unix, Linux, Solaris, AIX, and other operating systems too.
- Full support for all major databases (including Microsoft SQL Server).
- Includes runtime services for charting and graphing, full text searching, high performance multi-threaded mail delivery, and more.
- Built-in support for XML and web services.
- Access to COM, CORBA, Java, C/C++, and any operating system specific applications or scripting capabilities.
- Complete client independence, but also provides specific support for integration with client-side Macromedia Flash.
For all these reasons and more, ColdFusion has become the development language of choice for their Internet and web applications. With built-in support for .NET servers and web services, ColdFusion could be the right choice for you too.
ColdFusion has proven itself to be the most code efficient and productive development environment in the space. Built on an underlying robust J2EE engine, ColdFusion gives developers the power of Java, access to the world of web services and .NET, true portability, multi-platform support, and unsurpassed productivity.
Developers with an investment in Microsoft technologies and the .NET platform will find ColdFusion to be a powerful and cost-effective addition to their development toolbox. And organizations already committed to ColdFusion can continue to take advantage of the original web development language while leveraging the power of .NET, J2EE, and more.
Power and productivity without compromising. You really can have it all.
|Our Web Application and web software development services|
- Website application development
- Web application programming and Integration
- Online application development
- Outsource Offshore web application development
- Database and web application development
- Outsourced web programming in .Net and ColdFusion